CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Runny nose and a fever

I have been planning on posting for the past week but I haven't been able to find the time. I have some great pictures and videos but that will have to wait until next time. Tuesday morning Olivia started getting a runny nose but most of the mess was when she would sneeze. She would have a about a 1 inch booger worm hanging out then she would rub her face before I could get to it so she would have snot across her face. She was a mess.

Tuesday night she woke up at 11 pm, 12:30 am, 1:45 am (had a major blowout so I had to change her pjs too), 3 am and didn't go to bed until 4 am, 6 am and 8 am. When she woke up at 3 am I noticed she had a fever so I took her clothes off and wiped her down and fed her some breast milk and gave her some echinacea/goldenseal drops. I tried some watered down apple juice but she hates it. I was able to keep her fever in the 100 degree range. Before I went to bed at 4 am I realized I wasn't going to work this morning and I knew if the sitters had a night like I did she probably wasn't going to be feeling great either.

Olivia has been super grumpy today and hasn't been eating so great. She can't breath when she is eating but she has started to figure out that she needs to open her mouth every few sucks to get some air. I was so exhausted this morning but I tried to get some sleep when Olivia took her naps. She seems to be in better spirits after her afternoon nap.

Her fever is gone now but she still has a super runny nose but running the humidifier at night seems to help. Work has been super busy for me and I will be behind since I took a sick day today but I will try to get in another post this week.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh wow, that was quite the night!! Poor little thing...I hope she gets feeling better soon!

Alabama Apples said...

Yucky, yucky, yuck!! I feel sorry for you (and Olivia). Sick days are the worst!