CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thanks everyone!



I just wanted to thank you to everyone for their words of encouragement. I was pretty disappointed and angry and upset but that is life. We have no set plans but it is nice to know that we aren't the only ones that have struggled.

What's a blog post without picture? I pretty boring one. Here is a picture of Hazel and Olivia. Hazel is about 3 months and Olivia is 4 months. It is amazing how different they look. Overall Olivia does look a lot like me but if you look at the details she does have a lot of Mike's features. And overall Hazel looks a lot like Mike. Mike and I can't wait for Hazel to get bigger so we can really see her features but she does have quite the fiesty personality. I think as parents we underestimate how smart our kids are especially babies. Hazel gets so mad when she can hear us hanging out in the next room but she isn't there with us or if we are all on the bed and she is in her bassinet. And if she wants to be held or sat up don't even think about laying her down because she will scream bloody murder as soon as she is in a horizontal position. As long as the car is moving she is okay but when we get stopped at a light or stop sign the crying commences. She is definitely a lot pickier than Olivia ever was. In the morning she has to be laid in our bed for her morning nap. She loves to be swaddled still. She can't stand being in a wet or poopy diaper for even a few minutes. And she loves to watch Olivia play. Mike took her to get vaccinations and she is a screamer. Luckily for us our doctor is unbiased about vaccinations and he probably leans more towards not doing all vaccinations at once so we are following Dr. Sears schedule. Hazel is growing fast and I love this stage she is at. She coos and talks and she isn't mobile yet. There is only one thing I am waiting for her to learn how to do which is laugh. I let her have tummy time and she has rolled onto her back a few times but this time around I will probably be a little bit sad when she starts crawling and walking.

Olivia is also growing very fast. She loves church. Actually she just loves nursery. She is getting much better during sacrament meeting but it might be because I am more prepared and we have a routine. I have my designated church bag with toys and games she can only play with at church. She even said the prayer in nursery which makes me feel good because that means she is actually learning something from home. Sometimes I feel guilty because I can't fit it all in but we always say our prayers. And Sundays aren't as hectic. There is still yelling on my part but it use to be a lot worse. I made this checklist of things we need to do and pack before we go to church and it has helped out a ton. And maybe one day we will make it to church before it starts.

Potty training. We have had a couple of poo accidents and that hasn't been very fun. Mike and I just throw the underwear away. I just don't have the patience to clean that whole mess up. All I know is if Olivia has to go, it has to be NOW. She has been potty trained during the day for a little over a month. We just started night training but it was initiated by Olivia. Last night was the first night without a diaper and she woke up dry. I suspect that she has been dry for several nights or maybe weeks but she always takes her diaper off in the morning and puts it in the garbage before Mike and I get to it. I was quite worried about potty training and it has been a lot easier than I expected. Granted we waited until she was almost 3 so that probably made a big difference.

0 comments: