CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

6 weeks and counting...

Last week Mike and I found out that we were pregnant. Yeah!!! I took a pregnancy test January 27, 2008 expecting it to come out negative. Boy was I wrong. We were planning on it but wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly. My due date is September 27. My first doctor's appointment is March 6.

Mike caught the flu a couple of days later and unfortunately I caught the flu too. I have never had the flu before and it was the worst illness I have ever had considering I couldn't take any medicine whatsoever. I had 2 moments of weakness where I took medicine though.

The pregnancy sickness overall hasn't been terrible but it hasn't been great either. All day I feel tired and sick in the stomach but I can't ever let my stomach get too hungry or I get nauseas and I can't eat too much or I get sick. Everything that sounds good is out of season i.e. mangoes, cantaloupes, grapes, blueberries etc... and the choices I have now are less than appetizing.

In the late evening I actually feel pretty good. Unfortunately no matter how tired I feel in the day time I haven't been able to sleep well in the past couple of weeks. And my emotions are a constant roller coaster. My endurance has plummeted too. In December I was running 3-4 miles and now I can't walk across campus without getting winded. So right now it is an uphill battle.

Mike and I haven't told many people yet and I was planning on waiting until we get an ultrasound of the baby. From my estimation the majority of the pregnancy sickness will be gone in 5 weeks and hopefully I will be able to eat better and start working out again.

0 comments: