CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Health and Wellness Symposium

I feel like it has been a long time since I have posted anything. My goal last week was to take a picture of my growing belly but I have been so busy I haven't gotten around to it. Last week I attended a Health and Wellness Symposium and it was awesome. My passion for the past 2 years has been studying alternative medicine and homeopathic modalities. I took foot zoning classes 2 years ago and that has opened my eyes to a lot of other things i.e. aromatherapy, healthy living, emotional healing etc. At the symposium I met a lot of great people and learned about a lot of great topics like creative healing, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), transformational breathing.

I met a massage therapist that does Raindrop Therapy and she did a demonstration during the symposium. Last year I went to a raindrop therapy class but this demonstration blew that class out of the water. Anyone that has back pain or needs help falling asleep or wants to experience the most relaxing massage should try it. I was so impressed that I bought Mike a gift certificate for Father's Day. He has never had a professional massage but I think he is really going to enjoy this. I can't wait until I have the baby so I can get one too.

A woman named Melanie catered the lunches at the symposium also works as a doula and I thought her prices were phenomenal. I wasn't really considering getting a doula until this weekend when I talked to another woman who used Melanie for her second pregnancy and told me how great it was. I really want to have the baby with no medication whatsoever but I have been worried that I might cave in and become a doormat or just be too weak and let them do whatever. I am going to talk to my OB/GYN and see how open he is to the doula and an all natural birth. If not I might change my doctor. Then I plan to schedule an appointment so Mike and I can meet with Melanie and get a birth plan together and talk about what services she offers and take a hypnobirthing class to learn how to deal with the pain of labor.

I spent all of Wednesday night, Thursday night and evening and Friday night and evening and all of Saturday day at the symposium so I have a lot to share if anyone is interested in finding out more. I was definitely exhausted from learning so much information.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I didn't know you were into all that stuff. Health and wellness is a great field. And a massage, I love 'em! I wish I could go more often. The last time I went, the lady told me I must have been stressed beyond belief (I was) and boy I felt a lot better afterwards.

Laki Girl said...

okay I know your post said to ask questions if any readers had questions which I'm sure I do but the lack of time...yayayaya, same old story with me...
but this is what I wanted to say: you can do whatever you want to do, and yes get a new doctor or anyone else that needs to be replaced up until 'baby girl' makes her appearance :) And I mean this in a very literal sense. Take it from someone who was very much feeling the same in that I wanted to do it all natural and did with all 3. So long story short, hurts like hell, and gone in an instance, but wouldn't have done it any other way and 'knock on wood' plan on doing it the same way in future, no meds, all natural baby!
PS But, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the epideral, etc. However after having my first and ready to get up from the bed right after ready to go, wouldn't have it any other way.