CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 12, 2009

The aftermath

In April, I was tired of bringing my breast pump to work so I stopped which took me down to pumping 3 times a day. After a month of that and in conjunction with not eating well and stress, my milk production slowed down considerable. So I stopped pumping in June. I felt terrible for awhile because I wanted to pump until she was atleast 10 months but it is also a big relief not to always bring my pump everywhere and spend so much time pumping and sterilizing. I have a lot of frozen milk which I have been mixing half and half with formula because Olivia won't take only formula. I am hoping to slowly add less breastmilk and more formula as my frozen supply dwindles. All I have to say is I don't use that much formula but it surely is expensive.

The aftermath (besides my body fat distribution) is my feet didn't shrink all the way back. I didn't quite move up 1/2 a shoe size but I do notice a difference which makes me sad because I have some really cute heels that are not comfortable anymore. I expected saggy boobs but I swear my boobs are smaller than before. Then if I actually do lose more weight that means they will get smaller. Honestly I am a little sad about that.

Even though I still complain about the aftermath, it was so worth it and I can't wait to have another baby.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oooo...does that mean you're trying for #2 soon? (Not that it is my business ;))

I hear you on the aftermath and my list could go on and on...

my feet grew with both my first two, thankfully not with Gunner, or I'd be walking around on skis!

Alabama Apples said...

Sorry,that was me, Lib signing in as Kit.

Ashley said...

Good luck! I hope it all works out well.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

the boob thing is true....you think it would help.....but they get smaller and smaller.....and the next kid, you think they would get big again.....nope!

Jenny said...

Oh, Sandy!!! Don't feel too guilty, I was so excited to stop nursing. While a little sad it was so nice to not have a kid attached to my boobs or feel like I could never leave her anywhere. And my boobs got a whole size smaller than before I even got pregnant after I stopped! I was shocked and am still ticked off about that one. Just be warned, if your body reacts like mine did, once I stopped nursing totally I gained about 10 lbs. I was really shocked at how much calories it took to nurse and wish someone would have told me that was coming. But you're right, they are totally worth it! Well most days :)

Sara said...

Um, yes...the boobs get smaller......and smaller.......and smaller with each kid. Not the greatest news for those of us (me) who are not all that well endowed to begin with!