CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Feeling results

I am feeling and seeing results. I know I shouldn't weigh daily but I have been and I know females fluctuate between a range depending on their cycle but I am super stoked. I should be at my heaviest weight right now due to water retention but I am actually lower than my lowest weight range. I got to celebrate the small victories. And it is nice to fit into my pants and not feel constricted.



Here is my activity chart from my bodybugg. I thought it was interesting. My activity is high in the morning because that is when I usually work out between 6-7. Then it peaks when I have to walk from my car to my office. I work at the university and no one gets a close parking spot. I walked up and down the flight of stairs in my building in the morning then I took a walk through campus right before lunch, walked another flight of stairs and took another walk on the other side of campus in the afternoon. When I am at my computer it is barely higher than when I am sleeping. Then it is home and it is basically nonstop activity. I have to cook dinner and play with Olivia. I check my bodybugg and see how many more calories I need to burn before bedtime and it is always a lot. This always motivates me to take a walk with Olivia, run around, clean, dance or take her to the park instead of plopping myself down to watch tv or surf the web.

I haven't been able to reach my 2500 calorie burn yet. Missed it by 10 calories on Wednesday and 65 yesterday. I was thinking of changing it to 2400 so I can actually reach my goal but I might leave it just so I have something to push towards. I read somewhere online that the Biggest Loser contestants shoot for 6000 calorie burn each day. The first thing that came into my head was "Damn that is a lot." Here I am complaining about 100.

My plan is to take a run sometime to see the calorie burn. I can't wait to do an Insanity workout so I can really see how much I burn. I haven't ever taken a zumba class but I will post my results if and when I do them. I also started a blog about my p90X experience because I know it helps me stay motivated. Just in case anyone is interested: http://p90xdurtschi.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Julie said...

What biggest loser contestants do 6000 calories, how is that possible? Maybe if you exercise 24/7.. DANG!!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I have always wanted to do P90X!

The Obergs said...

this is awesome! I can't wait to see how much you burn during an Insanity work out either. I try to do still an insanity workout once a week in conjunction with running and zumba and I STILL almost die every time. They are so HARD!

Sandy, i'm so impressed. you are so motivated and it is motivating me even more. I was so tempted to eat some serious treats after putting hazel to bed, but now I'll stick to my low fat popcorn after reading your blog.

Trent and Tiff said...

I always burn around 350-400 calories when I do a Zumba class - it is fun and easy to burn the calories! Even if you're like me and suck at dancing and kind of stumble around part of the time! Keep it up!

Alabama Apples said...

Whew!

Julie said...

Nice job! What a good feeling to see some results! That BodyBugg is pretty cool!

Lithie said...

wow sandy!!! way to go! so happy for you! dude i had no idea what a body bugg thingie was thanks for sharing! i am always online trying to stay pumped for losing weight and fit my skinny jeans again! love it!
and baby girl livia is sooo cute!
how is mike doing with applying for engineering stuff? levi asked about him the other day.
have a fab weekend!