CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happenings

Olivia is growing very fast. Her 2 year molars are coming in and she has been chewing anything and everything for the past week. The corner of her board books, my ipod nano. I suggested to Mike that he just give her whole carrots for her to gnaw on and that seem to help a ton. She talks a ton know and in whole sentences. I don't always understand her but atleast the communication factor has increased. I don't know if it is the teething or coming back from a vacation but Olivia's sleeping schedule is way off. She is struggling going to bed and staying in her bed all night. My goal right now is to get her to go to bed without fighting us and slowly move her bedtime to 8 o'clock at the latest.

I have been reading Parenting with Love and Logic and it is really great. Thanks Brooke for recommending it. So Olivia can climb in and out of the crib like a pro but I am pretty hesitant to take off the railing because she still falls out of the bed. So I decided to leave the railing down so it is easier for her to climb out and I think Mike might take the railing off later this week. Then we do our nightly ritual and I told her she can sleep in her bed or she can climb out but she will have to sleep on the floor. I sucks listening to her cry but it sucks even worse when no one gets enough sleep and we are all grumpy the next day.

As soon as I put her in the crib, she climbed out and sat at the door and knocked and yelled out mommy, daddy, mike, open it, knock. She pulled out all the stops. But 15 minutes later she was out. And she was nestled right up to the door. It was like Ferberizing her all over again. The first 3 days are the hardest but hopefully it will work out. And she always has the choice to sleep in the bed or on the floor but she has to be in her room.

Really Olivia is awesome and we go through all these trials but I am grateful that she is such a good eater and is so polite. She is an awesome observer and loves to imitate everyone. She really is a free spirit like Mike and wants to do everything herself.

3 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Ooh, I remember all those transitions with my boys. They are were marathon criers...never less than 1 1/2 the first few nights, but it always gets better. Jos moved to his "big boy bed" when he was 2 in Michigan. Poor little goober fell asleep for the first 2 nights on the cold floor (tile), but never did it again. Hooray for staying strong! :)

Brooke said...

You are welcome!! Good luck!

Julie said...

Toddler bed? I'm not looking forward to this transition. I said that until Ryleigh can climb out of the crib or until she's potty trained, she's staying in the crib. Our crib converts to a toddler bed, so maybe it'll be a smoother transition? Wishful thinking :)