CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

random thoughts

So I really love my iphone and I thought I would talk about some awesome apps I have downloaded. Period Tracker lite - great app to track symptoms of PMS, when I get my period and it will tell me when I am fertile or ovulating based on a 28 day cycle (can be changed if different). Mobile RSS - Great RSS feeder that allows me to read all the blogs I subscribe to. Grocery Gadget - electronic grocery list. Nike + iPod - I think this already come on the iphone but I finally got it hooked up and I have my running data feeding to facebook and twitter. I am hoping this will keep me motivated to run regularly. Touchmouse - allows my phone to act as a mouse for my laptop which is convenient when we have our laptop attached to the TV.

So I am trying to get back into shape. I have actually gone running twice already this week. I am not much of a morning person but I love running in the morning when it is still chilly and listening to nature before cars come out and watching the sunrise. And I feel like I accomplish so much more when I work out in the morning and I seem to have more energy. As of this week I have been waking up at 6:15 but my goal is 5:30.

And of course I would love to shed a few pounds while getting back into shape. Here are my little goals so far. Drink atleast 3 bottles of water from my camelbak. When I have to go to the restroom at work to go to the basement (I work on the second floor) and climb the stairs to the fourth floor. Use the bathroom on the fourth floor and come back to my cubie. Doesn't sound like much but hopefully it will be enough to get my glutes firmed up. My goal is to do that twice a day. And maybe when I am in super shape I'll go down Old Main stairs and climb back up them. And I hope to start running 3 times a week between 3-5 miles.

There is a sprint triathlon going on in 2 weeks that Mike and I are thinking about participating in. I am a terrible swimmer but I think I can swim 300 m and I don't have my own road bike yet. But if anyone is in the Logan area that would like to do it with me, email me. We can be newbies together. Check out the website: http://joyridebikes.com/triathlon/

1 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Your motivation impresses me so much. I just need to get off my rear and move more! :)