CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

youtube and my hair

So I'll admit that I am not a big youtube or twitter user but I am slowly converting. I found this awesome yourtube series by Kandee Johnson who is a makeup dresser former hair stylist in Hollywood. I highly recommend checking it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/kandeejohnson

I have come to learn if there is anything I want to learn and I mean anything I can search it on youtube and chances are I will find it. So I have been feeling blah and frustrated with my hair. I've never been big into my hair until like 5 years ago. It was pretty plain jane for me. And then I got bangs like 2 years ago and that is a love/hate relationship. I love the bangs but some days I just can't style them.

I have a lot to learn about hair, hair product, styling, blow drying etc. My mom wears no makeup and rarely styles her hair. My other sisters have long asian hair and mine is shorter and it isn't quite as thick as mine. So I never really learned about all that hair stuff. I have gone to get my hair cut and styled and it always comes out fabulous. But I never really knew all about the product they used.

This is embarrassing to admit but I watched Kandee's video on how to blow dry your hair straight. In the past I used the blow dryer to only dry my hair and used my flat iron to straighten and style it. When I watched her video I realized that I should be using the blow dryer to do most of the styling and the flat iron for the finishing touches. I also learned that I should only blow dry my bangs and not use the flat iron (which has been my problem the whole time). I've been a cheapskate on buying product but I think I am finally convinced that it is worth the investment to save me the daily heartache of styling my hair.

So today I tried the new technique and it require more effort blow drying but in the long run it saved me time. Now I need to actually buy a round hair brush.

1 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Maybe I should check out some of the how to's on utube. I am sure a nonhairdresser (if that is even a word haha)