CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random update

Mike has been watching Olivia since he is done with school. I thought he was aware that Olivia loves to take her diaper off but I was wrong. When he put Olivia down for a nap on Monday he didn't button her outfit so she had easy access to the diaper. Unfortunately she pooped and took off her diaper but lucky for him she didn't play with it. She got poo on her sheets and clothes. Mike took care of the baby and gave her a bath and I came home from work for lunch and cleaned the rest. Lucky for me we have the sprayer for our cloth diapers that spray all the poo particles off.

So Mike is looking for a civil engineering job. Prospects are slim for entry level civil engineers. I am trying to stay hopeful that things will work out.

But it has been super nice to have Mike home and not having to worry about going to school, doing homework, or studying for a test.

I took Olivia out for a ride in the bike trailer and she loved it. I think she was a little scared too because we were cruising. It is amazing how much faster a road bike can go than a mountain bike.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Kids always keep you on your toes!

My brother is a civil engineer (in grad school for transportation engineeriner). He only has one class each semester next year so he is looking for a full time job in engineering and he's realizing there is not much out there, especially with how many people were laid off recently. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to! Keep your head up!

I'm having a stroller/trailer dilemma. I really want a jogging stroller to go out running and rollerblading with. But knowing that come beginning of next year we want to start trying for another one, do I look at double or single joggers? The trailer looks to be a great option, but so many of them you have to buy the front wheel separate which is often a huge expense. How did you decide?

The Obergs said...

hahah, that is awesome. I am dreading the day when Hazel learns how to take off her diaper.

Sandy, thanks for your inspiration. It actually made me feel like I could do the half marathon when you said that you did 9 miles before the race. You are amazing, you and Mike are so great about staying active and in shape. I'm closer than ever to signing up for the TOU, hahah. Maybe you should sign up and we can do a couple of training run together...