CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Still Breech and not dilated...

I had my weekly appointment today and Olivia is still breech and sitting very high and I am not dilated. The doctor said we will wait another 2 weeks until we discuss any options but as more time passes by the less likely she will move and since I am so short the baby might not turn at all. Pretty disappointing since I wanted to do it natural and if she doesn't turn he would like to do a C-section.

We did talk about external inversion and he said we would discuss the pros and cons during my 39th week. He said the success rate for first time moms are pretty low. And after feeling my belly today he said my abdominal muscles are really tight so he didn't think that would be very successful.

I did call a local chiropractor last week about acupuncture and their success rate has been really low. I am planning on calling a local woman who is a doula that does foot zoning and energy work that has had a lot of experience turning breech babies with the foot zoning and energy work combination. I also plan on calling some chiropractors outside the valley who do the Webster technique to find out how successful they have been. Basically I am looking at all my options.

I talked with my doula today and she said I might want to look into vaginal delivery of a breech baby. She is also helping me look into other options as well. She has been awesome and the best thing is she said she will support any option that I choose which is very comforting.

6 comments:

Garth and Alicia said...

Good for you. My sister in law's baby was breeched and she went to the pool and did lots of hand stands (under the water). The baby turned and she had a totally natural (at home) birth!
Good luck to you. You sound like you are on top of all your options! I'm excited to see that little baby girl when she arrives.

Laki Girl said...

Man, handstands under the water, I wonder how many she had to do??? Keeping my fingers crossed and if you do end up resorting to handstands would love to see the success with it :) Keep up the good work Mommy Sandy!

Alabama Apples said...

It is good you're looking at all of your options, but just putting it out there-it IS okay if you need to have a C-section. Whit had one with Ez, he was breech, too and didn't turn and life went on. In fact, she was able to have Georgia vaginally and she plans to have this baby vaginally, too. Things will be fine, either way. Know I'm thinking of you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for being so informed. It really sounds like you are looking at all your options, which is wonderful. I am with Lib, on this. If you end up getting a C-Section, you aren't less of a mother. Whatever way your little Olivia comes into this world is wonderful, as long as mommy and baby's health come first. :)

Nyman's said...

Not sure if you remember me from school or not but I happened upon your blog from Haylee's. I felt compelled to leave a quick note. I have a little boy that just barely turned 2 and when i was pregnant with him I went to a foot zoner (best thing I ever did) I am a total believer in them. I went there for her to put me into labor and wouldn't you know 6 hours later I was in labor and off to the hospital. Your smart to check into everything. I would definatly check into the foot zoner, or witch doctor as my husband calls her. Take care and good luck!

Julie said...

Sandy, you're so close to meeting your little girl! I'm sorry she's being stubborn. Sounds like you're exploring all of your options, and you're so brave to even consider a vaginal breech delivery. Those kinda freak me out. Like others have stated a c-section isn't the end of the world. While it may not be how you expect things to turn out, you're still gonna meet your little girl in the end. Good luck. I really hope she turns!