CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good news

Olivia went to the doctor on Tuesday and the good news is her hips are normal now. She only has to wear her brace at night for 2 weeks and then she is done. She will have to go back when she is 6 months and get an x-ray to check if things are still okay but I am so relieved that everything worked out well.

Olivia got her first vaccination on Monday. She received the DTap/polio/Hep B combo shot and Rotavirus oral vaccination. Preferably I would have had her only get DTap but the doctor only had the combination vaccine and I know I could request that they order only the single dose but I didn't. Normally at 2 months infants get 3 shots and the oral vaccination but I am going to wait until next month and have Olivia receive the Hib and Pc vaccination. Even though we will have to go to the doctor's more frequently I feel a lot better spreading out her vaccinations.

I asked Mike to come to the doctor and hold Olivia during her shot and it was so sad to see her cry. That was the first time Mike and I have ever heard her really cry. Luckily she is easy to calm down. She was more cranky than usual the following day and had a fever but other than that she is doing great.

4 comments:

Julienne said...

That is exciting, hopefully it continues to heal quickly and fine.

Jenny said...

Good news! It's always hard to hear them cry when they get shots and then even more so when they figure out that going to the doctor's hurts. You wish you could get the shots for them.

Brenda said...

I remember Gabie's first shots... It was the first time I had really heard him cry. I mean he cried at home here and there but that pain crying is different and soooooo sad :(

Alabama Apples said...

Hooray for her hips!! Your patience has payed off. I totally understand about the shots...ohhhh...it is so hard to hear them cry. It will still bring tears to my eyes sometimes. Happy Thanksgiving!