CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How time flies...

Olivia will be 8 weeks tomorrow and even though it doesn't seem like she is very old she has changed so much already. I remember when I was in the hospital and I would lay her in the boppy pillow so she could sleep on my lap all night and all day since I couldn't move because of the c-section. The nurses would swaddle her and she would look like a baby in a potato bag and it was adorable. For the first few weeks I would hold her and rock her all the time.

Now she has learned how to smile and talk to me. She has discovered she has arms and hates to be swaddled. She doesn't sleep nearly as much. She gets mad at me when I take her bottle out to burp her. She can follow objects with her eyes. She is starting to lift her neck when I lay her on her belly. She loves to take baths. She has her sad and happy sounds.

Even though I was so overwhelmed when I brought her home I feel truly blessed that I have such a wonderful baby. I can't believe how fast she grows and how much she changes every day. She has another appointment with the orthopedic surgeon next Tuesday and hopefully we will be getting good news about her hips. And she will get her first vaccinations next Monday too. I'll post about that later and the alternative schedule I have picked for her.

3 comments:

Emily said...

just wait you'll turn around and she will be 10! I can't wai to see her again.

Brenda said...

I'm glad things are going well. Good job, mommy!!

Alabama Apples said...

It sounds like things are going really well! Babies are such blessings and it is so exciting to watch them as they learn and grow! I hope we hear good news about her little hips. Lots of love!