CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Belly full of Jelly

Post pregnancy weight. What a delight! Not really. I am really close to reaching my pre-pregnancy weight which is great. The sad thing is I have always wanted to be 10 lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. And even though I am within 5 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight my body has totally changed.

I am not surprised that I got stretch marks and I know those take awhile to fade away. There were a few places I didn't realize that I had gotten stretch marks so that was quite a surprise once I could see my legs. My C-section scar has healed really quickly and I know that will take awhile for that to fade away.

I didn't realize how stretchy and jiggly the skin on my belly would be. It has lost all elasticity so when I poke it it just jiggles like jelly. I read an article last week that even if I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight my clothes might not fit the same since my body has changed so much. To say the least I sometimes feel unattractive and a little self conscience about my body.

I had these great plans to work out and lose all this weight but between working and staying at home with the baby and trying to do house work exercising has gone out the door. I did go running once last month and Mike took me to the gym a few weeks ago. The first week is always the hardest to get motivated and make it a routine and I am so out of shape it doesn't take me long to get winded.

With that being said hopefully someday soon everything will fall into place and I will start exercising consistently. My motivation is I refuse to buy any new clothes in a bigger size so until I lose weight my wardrobe is very limited.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I totally feel ya! My baby is almost a year and it has only been in the last month that I've dropped below my pre-prego weight, but SURPIRSE, my body still doesn't look the same as it did before Teagan, but I feel great!

I didn't get into an exercise regime until the last 3 months and it started with training for a 5K. It started slow, 1 minute of running and 1 1/2 minutes of walking alternated for 5 minutes and it has built to wear I can run for 25 min at a time. If you're interested just search for the "couch to 5K plan" on google.

Good luck!

Laki Girl said...

Girl I live in that world and am still dreaming of a flat tummy from my other life. Maybe it will never happen but what's the harm in believing and doing like it will (smiling, half laughing).

Heidi and Matt said...

wow, that is great that you are already within 5 lbs! yeah, and your body will probably never be the same. I just think, do what you can, but then be grateful for that little sweetie and realize you have made a big sacrifice!

Alabama Apples said...

I hear you!!! Salute to the jelly belly-the sacrifices we go through for children!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

amen to all of these comments! i couldnt ever loose the weight until i stopped nursing, a lot of people are the opposite. when i saw you a month ago, you looked HOT, so dont you ever worry....the child is worth it!

KIRSTEN said...

Sandy, hang in there. I think all of the post pregnancy crap is the hardest. My baby is now 15 months, and I am just barely starting to feel back to normal. Give your body some more time to bounce back... after all it did carry a baby for nearly 9 months. I bet you look great!!