CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

First day back to work

Today was my first day back to work. I worked for 5 hours and it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I might feel differently in a few days. Even though I missed Olivia like crazy, I think I'll be able to do it full-time in January. The rough thing is trying to play catch up from being gone on maternity leave. On the up side I bought a new phone and even though it is a downgrade from the phone I had it is newer, smaller and sleeker.

Mike watched Olivia while I went to work today. Originally I planned to wake up and feed her, then pump and get ready for work and then wake up Mike before I left. He was really nice and fed Olivia while I pumped and kept her company while I got ready for work so I left for work early. I am hoping he can do this every day for the next two weeks then I can go to work 1 hour early and get home 1 home early too.

I think it was a learning experience for Mike to be home with the baby. He looked very relieved when I walked through the door. The good thing is he didn't call me when Olivia started to cry. I think the next two weeks will be a great learning experience for Mike and I.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad it went ok. The hardest day for me was day 2. And yes, it's good for daddys to spend some time with their little girls! It makes them love them even more not to mention appreciate you more! Good luck!

Emily said...

Mike is such an amazing guy! I am glad it wasn't to bad.