CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Placenta Encapsulation

Sounds weird but it is exactly what it sounds like. Putting the placenta into capsules. I am going to do it. My last prenatal I was asking about postpartum depression. I had it with Olivia. I didn't ever talk about it but it really sucked. I had to get on an antidepressant and I felt really guilty about it but it did make me feel a lot better. So my plan was to get on an antidepressant sooner than later with baby 2. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have given up on nursing if I wasn't so frustrated.

My midwife gave me a brochure on placenta encapsulation. She said it is quite popular in Boise. I did a lot of research and I know it sounds gross but based on what I knew already about other cultures the placenta is a really sacred organ. If it can help me avoid postpartum depression and recover quicker and it is all natural, it is definitely worth a try. I was going to wait to share but I though just maybe there might be someone out there that might consider it too. Here is the website of the person I am going through: http://synergybirthservices.com/PlacentaEncapsulation.aspx Here is a website with a lot of information and testimonialshttp://placentabenefits.info/:

2 comments:

Laki Girl said...

Right on Sandy, you do what you got to do for you...never even had a clue about this...

Alabama Apples said...

I don't think this is something I would do, but if you feel it is right for you, go for it. I'm interested to know how it works? Is it the extra iron in it? Why does it help with postpartum blues?