CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Olivia does that too

This is in response to one of the comments on a previous post about Olivia and her telling me where to go when I drive. She is also very picky about the music. Most of the time she tells us to turn off the radio. She also tells us when to close the window and when to roll it down. She has actually become very very bossy.

She has also become super super independent i.e. she has to do it herself or her way. I figure that is the 3's rolling around a little early. But on the bright side yesterday she ran into the bathroom, took her pants off, took her diaper off and moved her step stool to the toilet and went to the bathroom. She remembered to wipe and flush and wash her hands without any reminders. I was thoroughly impressed so I let her wear panties and she made it until early afternoon before she had an accident. I told her that morning that if she peed in her panties she would have to wear a diaper. So after she had her accident she took her panties off and got a diaper and took it to Mike. Maybe if we are lucky she will potty train herself. That would be great but it is okay if it doesn't happen though.

2 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Too funny! It made me laugh a little when my beasties did that, but it gets old REAL fast. :) Wouldn't life be fabulous if children potty-trained themselves...ahhh...a perfect world...

Sorry about the preggo woes. The last part of pregnancy is awful. I think it is just so we are willing to do anything and everything to get the baby out. :)

Julie said...

Ryleigh is right there with Olivia. Miss Bossy Pants is her nickname when she gets in that mode. And she hates when I call her that. She says, "no bossy pant mommy!"

Ryleigh pretty much potty trained herself. One weekend I got brave to see if she could do it, so I allowed her to wear big girl panties. She had 3 pairs of training pants, so on the 3rd accident she had to wear a diaper. First weekend didn't go so hot. So 2 weeks later, she asked to wear em again. And she had no accidents up until 2pm nap time when I made her put a diaper on. Tried the following weekend to the same results. So we started at daycare. First 3 days - ZERO accidents. Next 2 she had 1 accident at school but it was b/c they put her in the 1 year old room where they don't remind her to go. At home, no accidents. Out shopping, no accidents. Nap time, no more diaper. So she's pretty much been potty trained for the past month minus nighttime, where I'm too scared to give up the diapers. Seems to me when Ryleigh was ready, she was ready, no turning back.