CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fat pants and such

So I am only 5 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight and this is the same place I stopped after I had Olivia. The problem is there is a lot more jiggle in places I didn't have before. I really want to lose the weight but obviously not enough to exercise and watch what I eat. I'll admit I am being super lazy that way. It takes a lot of discipline and I am an emotional eater. When I get stress out or upset, I eat so I just don't have the willpower to do it right now. Since I have a job I can't live in sweats (which accommodate any weight) I had a really limited wardrobe. Side-note: Wearing maternity clothes when you aren't pregnant looks really weird especially the shirts. My opinion anyway.

My mission was to find dark jeans that I could dress up for work and dress down for weekends and evenings. My first complaint is I am not a fan of the skinny jean just because I feel like I am too big to wear them. I think they are cute on other people but not on me so that eliminates at least half of the racks. I suspect most women have a hard time shopping for jeans or it is just a story I tell myself to make me feel better. Dark wash, light wash, stretch, no stretch, high rise, low rise, flare, boot cute, straight fit, skinny, taper, boy cut. My shopping rule is I have to love it to buy it. There have been multiple occasions that I buy something that doesn't fit perfect but I loved the pattern or the style or bought something too small hoping I would lose weight but I hate wasting money and space having it sit in my closet. I also suffer from the problem of finding a perfect pair of jeans and wear them all the time until I get a hole that isn't fixable. It is pretty devastating. I still have 3 of those jeans in my craft bin waiting to be turned into a quilt. I am pretty dramatic when it comes to jeans just because I have such a hard time finding a pair that fit my body.

We went to Burlington Coat Factory and I tried on about 8 pairs and I found two that fit well. Fitting well means it doesn't give me muffin top and make my caboose look like it is 10 feet wide or like a sausage being stuffed into a casing. There are tradeoffs though. Usually all pants are too long and if I shop petite they are too short to wear with boots. I tried to wear them and it just wasn't happening. There is managing 1-2 inches too long versus 3-4 inches and I even wore boots those days. I finally pulled out my new sewing machine.

Remember my new sewing machine that I had big plans for when I was nesting and then life happened. I finally pulled it out and it worked like a dream from the get go. It was worth every single penny I saved and I can't wait to start on my other projects. Thank you for electronic sewing machines. I used this tutorial to hem my new jeans and it saved me so much time and it was super easy and it uses the original hem of the jeans. http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/08/altering-jeans-shorter-with-identical-hem.html

1 comments:

Julie said...

Ugh, jeans are the WORST!! I'm in the dilemma, but the other way lately. All my jeans are too big now. And wouldn't you know, I gave away all my "pre-baby" jeans that I figured I had no hope of ever getting back into right before we moved last year. My problem isn't necessarily my booty, but my hips, thighs, and calves. I'm muscular. They don't design jeans for size 4P muscular women. I can't tell you how many pairs of jeans (in the supposedly appropriate size) never make it past my knees. As far as dealing with the flab, I've found my new obsession - Pure Barre. I heard about it in LA from some new moms who were taking classes to lose weight. I never got the chance to go there. But they have a studio here in Scottsdale, and I was dying to try. Now I'm hooked. I got their DVD pack since the studio is an hour away and I don't have time to do that regularly. I do the DVDs almost daily, and try to get to a studio class once a month. The transformation in my body has been incredible - and my core is so much stronger! If they had one closer I'd want to teach. It's zero impact. Uses ballet, pilates, and yoga positions and isometric movements to tone and sculpt the body. They focus on the problem areas of women: thighs, seat, and abs, and they make sure to do all the areas of those locations (inner, top and outer thighs, outer seat, ledge, hamstrings, and all those abs). I've never done a workout that has made me have sore abs below the bellybutton for days! Highly recommend - even got my mom hooked :)