CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

38 days to go...

I haven't posted for a while because I have been super lazy. I am trying to juggle between this fine line of feeling like I am accomplishing things and getting rest. If I push myself too hard then I get sick then I try to rest but that drives me nuts because I can't clean/organize/shop/finish projects or do anything at home.

I feel like my belly is growing at an enormous rate. I didn't know it would be possible to go to the restroom more than I already was but I was wrong. In the middle of the night I feel like a beached whale trying to roll back into the ocean when I wake up to go to the restroom.

This weekend my feet started swelling and yesterday my toes looked like sausages and my ankles started to disappear. I tried to lay down, ice my feet and jump on my rebounder to get my lymph system going. Hopefully I can keep it under control.

This weekend my ears felt clogged and the last time I was zoned my TMJ was hurting. I finally put it together today because my TMJ hurts and my ear feels like it is infected and I have a headache. I guess I won't be chewing gum anymore and now I have to ice my jaw.

Baby Olivia must be running out of space in my belly because yesterday she jabbed me and it really hurt. I was sort of surprised how strong she is getting. I can't imagine what it is going to feel like in a few more weeks.

Mike and I are super excited to have Olivia. I am a little nervous about taking care of a newborn, the breastfeeding and crying but I guess everyone goes through that. And even though I will miss having Olivia in my belly I am super excited to get my body back. I think Mike is more excited to get his non-pregnant wife back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Only 38 eight days left?! Not too long, huh. Well, when your living it it can feel like a blip or eternity. I hope that you get feeling better...your comment about the rolling in and out of bed made me laugh. I felt the same way and thought of the same images when I was pregnant with Ella. It's hard to beleive...but you will return to a normal size again. ;)

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ohh i am getting very excited for you. you will be a great mother. i did miss the feelings of having a baby in my belly, but it is sooo worth it when you see their wonderful and a miracle of a body. good luck.... and try to enjoy these last few weeks as much as possible with you hubby, at first after the baby i felt like i never saw him anymore (even though i did, you are just always with the baby instead)

Julie said...

Wow only 38 days, so soon!!! Its a little sad that I'm 5 weeks behind you and yet experience so many of the same symptoms. I realized this weekend that if I'm on my feet for any length of time my ankles become cankles. And its hard to believe that there's more beached whale moments to come, I already feel like that getting out of bed. I know in the end it will all be worth it though, and the end is so close.

Laki Girl said...

Go Mama Sandy!

Alabama Apples said...

Not too much longer, yeah!!! Just try to take it easy!