CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Diaper Bag

So I received a lot of great advice on diaper bags and I was planning on holding off to buy one but after a lot of brainstorming and talking with Mike we decided on a bag. I wanted something practical, versatile and convenient so I started looking into lumbar hiking packs that could be used as a diaper bag. Mike and I are really outdoorsy and it would be nice to get something we could use for a variety of things so we went to a local outdoor store and started look at mountainsmith lumbar bags. I didn't realize that they were so pricey i.e. $75 which made me really hesitant to buy one.

Luckily for me I found one on ebay that was brand new and no one else was bidding on so I got it for the beginning bidding price of $45. From all the great reviews I know that this bag will outlast the kids and then Mike and I can use it for hikes/day trips. Here are the features that Mike and I liked about this bag: durable, ability to carry it 5 different ways (lumbar pack, shoulder bag, briefcase, add-on to full-size pack, on the shoulders with an accessory), it is medium size but has the ability to expand when we have more kids, unisex and best of all we got it for an awesome deal.

5 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

I'm glad things are okay with your blood pressure. Toxemia is YUCKY! I love your new bag! How practical AND fun! I love getting ready for babies...I'm kind of jealous. Don't worry, only for that aspect. I'm really enjoying where I'm at-about to get my breasts back and hopefully lose these last 20 lbs. I'm one of the lucky ones that holds on to my weight during nursing. Smaller clothes, here I come! Sorry, this comment wasn't supposed to be about me. I'm rather self-absorbed today, I guess. Truly, I'm so excited for baby Olivia!

Shelly Traveller said...

Great Choice! and try to take it easy

Jenny said...

The perfect diaper bag fits your own lifestyle and this one looks like a winner for you and Mike! Hang in there with the pregnancy! I lost 15 lbs and then gained 50 during my pregnancy so don't dispair too much. Sometimes there's not much you can do, especially when you think about all the water weight you gain, especially in the hot summer. Although I totally understand how depressing it gets but trust me, it's all worth it!

Laki Girl said...

I love practical mommys! Oh and yes, i did see the Tag on the Quirks but haven't made the time to write about all my weirdonormalities :) Oh and yes, take it easy mama, Olivia just might have to kick you into takin' it a bit lighter :)

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Nice choice!! That is a great bag for you and Mike! Now he has no excuses for not carrying it! I am also jealous you got such a great bag for such a good deal!! Nice job!