CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Making babyfood

I had grand plans of making Olivia's babyfood but that plan has come and gone. Even though I didn't get to make everything I was able to make her breakfast foods from organic produce. I bought this food mill and it worked great. I would steam it, mash it, and freeze.


This is the food mill I bought. It was compact, inexpensive, and easy to use.


I made avocado & bananas and apples & bananas. I would defrost and mix in oatmeal.

Since I wasn't able to make her lunch and dinner, I splurged and bought her organic baby food most of the time. This was my favorite brand:


I actually tasted most of the baby food I fed Olivia and they were quite tasty.

For lunch I fed her plain yogurt and she loved it. I usually buy the bulk yogurt but if we were traveling or camping I bought the yobaby yogurts which are delicious but super pricey.



I am not 100% organic but I try my best especially for Olivia. I know it is inevitable that she will be exposed to chemicals but atleast I can try to limit it the first couple years of her life. Honestly the organic food that I do eat does taste much better.

2 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

I ought to buy a food mill. Where did you get yours? I probably won't make all the baby's food, but it would be really nice to have on hand. I'm impressed with your dedication...that is definitely an area I slacked off on :)

Married Mannings said...

I love that you try to make your baby food. You're such a good mom. I wanna be like you one day :)