CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Success!!

I have been super persistent about offering Olivia her milk in a sippie first this week and if she doesn't drink all her milk I would pour her milk into a bottle. But I finally have her off the bottle and drinking from a sippie only. I am pretty excited because I don't have to wash bottles and I don't have to buy formula anymore. My next task is to take her binky away which should be fairly easy since she only uses it at nap and bedtime. That can wait until the end of September.

On a side note I did consider giving Olivia organic whole milk especially the horizon organic milk. I bought some 2% and it was some of the best milk I have drank. But I also did some research and organic milk has to be heated at a much higher temperature which actually kills most of the nutrients. A lot of mothers noticed that their children weren't gaining weight while on organic milk.

So I decided to buy milk from a local dairy so the milk is fresh and mostly natural. The best part is they deliver straight to my door step so I don't have to worry about running out for milk. The milk is more expensive than store bought milk but so much cheaper than organic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting Olivia off a bottle!! Isn't it nice when things work out. :) I bet she'll love the dairy milk...yum!

Alabama Apples said...

Hooray for sippy success! I love it when my kiddies get to drink milk...hooray!

Sara said...

Isn't it the greatest feeling?! It opens up more freedom once they get off the bottle. Just wait till she's potty trained!! Glorious day!