CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yogurt Making


So I finally made yogurt last night. I have been researching it for the past few months. I was going to do it the old school way but I decided it was a bigger hassle to round up the equipment since half of my stuff is in storage so I caved in and bought a yogurt maker.

I looked at several and read a bunch of reviews but decided to purchase this one instead. From what I have learned, you could pour the milk and the starter into the jars and turn the machine on but if a thicker yogurt is desired then it is best to heat the milk then pitch the yogurt.

Here is a great yogurt making tutorial if anyone is interested: http://www.makeyourownyogurt.com/

I will be eating my first batch today. My motivation is Mike and I eat a ton of yogurt especially when we are making smoothies in the spring/summertime. I also substitute it in my recipes for a healthy version when possible. Store bought yogurt is quite pricey especially since we like to buy the organic stoneyfield yogurt. Store bought yogurt contains a ton of sugar. Check out the nutrition label next time. It is usually around 27g of sugar a serving. Eating the live cultures is actually very healthy and aids in digestion.

1 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Wow! You are so ambitious! I typically just go to the grocery store for mine! :)

Sounds totally yummy, though!