CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Exercising - journaling for my personal reference

I am on the maintenance phase of my diet and will be done next week. I have lost 20 pounds total and have had an easy time maintaining. I have also started working out and it has been about 2 years since I have worked out this consistently. In a nutshell I am totally out of shape.

My first goal was to run 2 miles in 20 minutes without taking a break on the treadmill at a 2% incline. The first time was killer and I didn't make it to 2 miles. I had to start at 5.6 but I finally did it yesterday.

2 miles in 20 minutes, 2% incline, 6.0 speed
.25 sprint at 0.5% incline, 7.5 speed
walk for 2 minutes, jog for 3 minutes then cooldown for 2 minutes.
Complete 2.75 miles in 30 minutes

My new goal is to run 2.25 miles at 2% incline, 6.0 speed, then sprint for 0.25 miles this week and hopefully get to 3 miles in 30 minutes.

I am trying to build my base back up to 6 miles and be able to run 8 minute miles again. ;)

3 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

What a fabulous goal! Seriously, I'm inspired...let's hope I will still be so once I've let the little one out. :) Congrats on the loss and maintenance!!!

Courtney said...

Way to go! That is so awesome. I usually run 2 miles at speed 4 so it takes me like 30 min! Congrats on losing 20 lbs too. You have a lot more will power than I do!

Julie said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I need to figure out how to exercise again. I know I'm out of shape! I just got those MBTs (expensive version of sketcher shape ups) for work cause my back hurt so bad after standing. Those things kill my quads, butt, thighs, calves after wearing them once. Just proved to me how out of shape I am when a shoe is a workout. So how do you find time to go to the gym as a working mom? I'm motivated, just need to figure out how to squeeze it in!