CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 5, 2010

Debt. What a bummer!

The good news is I made my last payment for my student loan. That is relieving. Unfortunately we have a huge student loan for Mike. My goal is to pay it off by the end of the year. Oh looking back we shouldn't have taken the money. We could have scrapped up the funds to pay tuition, fees and books. Oh well! What's done is done and now it is history.

I am really trying this snowball debt thing and eventually we want to buy a house. Sometimes it can be so overwhelming. Payments, fees or something always seem to creep up here and there. And my bad choice is to use the credit card and the next thing I know I get the credit card statement and I think "Crap! How did it get so high?" Sometimes it makes me feel like a big failure. I did find this article that made me feel much better: The Myth of Monthly Payments.

Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully we learn from them. I just have to keep my eye on the goal.

2 comments:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I know exactly how you feel.....

Jenny said...

Don't feel too bad about the student loans. I personally feel that loans for school and a home are ok, if you are living within your means and doing all you can to one finish school and two make a plan to pay off those loans. Mike is almost done and you'll be able to pay them off. I know there's always room for improvement, trust me I know, but it always sounds like you are doing the best you can and probably know more about your financial situation than most people.