CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Politics

So we spent a good part of Sunday watching CSPAN and the debate on healthcare reform and many of you probably already know that it passed. It is disappointing but I am not surprised. So I decided that I should blog about my politic views a bit more. It could be controversial but it could be educational and eye opening for those who read my blog.

Interested in the Utah 9/12 project, check out their website: http://utah912.ning.com/

Something that bothered me that I heard on talk radio is the President going around and showing his support and promoting the democratic candidates across the United States. Here are my questions: Aren't we suppose to vote for candidates that have similar values and ideas so they can represent us? Are we only going to vote for the candidate that the President supports?

People need to start voting in candidates that represents their values and serves as a voice for them and their community. The caucus elections are tomorrow on Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Check out this info provided by USU about being involved in the caucus: http://www.usu.edu/ust/index.cfm?article=44317

If you aren't happy with what has been happening in the government, I encourage everyone to get educated and get involved. Being unaware, ignorant, indecisive or negligent does not make you immune to the aftermath of the decisions being made. It may not be today or tomorrow but it will affect you.

0 comments: