CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I caved in

So I bought Olivia a harness AKA a child leash. She enjoys her freedom and is totally comfortable with running off and playing. I am not totally against giving her freedom but I also know that we will be going to Lagoon, an amusement park, in the summer and a huge family vacation/reunion and I don't want to chance losing her in a huge crowd. She likes to wear it now as a backpack. Little does she know. I hope that it will help me teach her to walk next to me when we are out in places where there are a ton of people and I won't have to use it very long.



Olivia isn't close to potty training yet which is fine with me. But I also know that she could be ready anytime in the near future. I don't want to be caught on our road trip this summer trying to teach her how to pee without touching a public toilet or always having to hold/hover her over the bowl. How traumatic. So I bought this. It got really good reviews and it is exciting to see all these nifty gadgets for kids.

5 comments:

Laki Girl said...

I need one of those for my 3 angels :) but maybe more of a straight-jacket style...just kidding...maybe...

Julie said...

I am thisclose to getting Ryleigh one of those child harnesses. The one you got is cute! I despise the concept, but I was blessed with a VERY independent child who wants to walk in stores but then runs away. She laughs when you try to hold her hand. And we just got ry a potty seat. Every time I'd go pee she'd come in and sit on this box we have in there so I figured we should get her used to sitting on her seat, even though potty training is a ways off still. That portable seat is neat. Great for the diaper bag.

KIRSTEN said...

Sandy, just to pre-warn you ... be prepared for some nasty looks when you use the toddler leash. The looks bugged me and first, and I even chewed out a woman for talking to her friends about it (totally not me but she was seriously right behind me talking out loud). But it was all worth it. My Olivia has always had a mind of her own, and would dart off within seconds. At first she would sit down and throw a tantrum, but soon realized that if she didn't want to be in the stroller ... she had to wear her "monkey"

Good luck with the potty training :)!!

Ashley said...

We have that same "harness" and took it with us to Hawaii, for Chase to use. He liked to wear the dog in the front, which just sits right in front of his face:)!

Alabama Apples said...

Good luck with the leash back-pack! And do ignore bad looks, if you get any. I know people have waaaay too many opinions on things that aren't their business!


I'm waiting for a post about your birthday! I've been thinking about you and Jenny! How does it feel to be 29? ;)