CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Totally bummed

It is so vain but I have been pretty bummed out for the past few weeks because I have gained a lot of weight. At first I couldn't figure it out but I finally realized the cause. I did have an IUD and I got it taken out last month and ever since then I have been packing on the pounds.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not the healthiest eater but I can say that putting on 10 lbs in 4 weeks is unusual for me. So I am just feeling so blah with myself. Plus the whole hormonal adjustment totally sucks. And on the bright side we are trying to get pregnant but I would hate to gain 20 lbs before I actually conceive.

That is my gripe for the week and it is totally vain. But feeling fat makes me feel so unattractive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are feeling...and you're right it's no. fun. You are a beutiful person on the inside AND out! Remember that! I bet no one even notices the little weight gain, either. And, a big congrats for TTC!! Yay!! Good luck!!

Laki Girl said...

Sorry, I hate feeling like that! The joys of mommy-hood huh :) For the record though, I was going off to Susiane when we were up there, of just how beautiful you are...that's all, the end.

Julie said...

I feel your pain, but in reverse. I have not been able to lose my baby weight. I can't exercise due to work. (I could wake up at 3am, but really? I already go to bed at 11pm, there's no time in my days.) I try to take Ry for walks every night. I tried calorie counting. And I got nowhere, but made me really hungry. I know I don't eat the best, but even modifying that hasn't helped. I tried going to the dr. for a thyroid check, it was normal. I'm so frustrated I can't lose those last 10 pounds. Working crazy hours on call has helped me lose a little, but those last 10 are so hard!! Don't beat yourself up. You are not alone! And you have a reason for those pounds. Your body is getting ready to support a little one again. I've come to realize I can look hot AFTER I've had all my kiddos. In between I have to be happy with my body no matter what. As long as I'm trying to stay fit, and eating right, that's all i can do!

Jenny said...

I know the pain!!! I went for my 2 week checkup and had gained 5 lbs.! Screw eating fruits and veggies at this point because obviously it's not working. Now with weekly checkups I am dreading going to the doctor. I'm going to hit the 50 lbs. gained during this pregnancy AGAIN I'm afraid. Uh, it's such a bummer.

You are BEAUTIFUL Sandy!!!! Inside and Out! And I'm sure Mike thinks the same thing!!! Hang in there!

BTW, total side question for you but did you like an IUD? My doc is trying to get me to get one instead of using the patch again.