CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 17, 2010

Logan versus Boise

There are a lot of things I miss about Logan. I miss knowing where everything is since I grew up there. I miss being extremely close to the canyon and all those awesome outdoor activities. I miss my awesome parking pass I finally earned at USU. I was at USU for 11 years as a student and employee so I definitely miss knowing the campus and a ton of people there. I actually miss my married student ward where everyone was around the same age and stage of life. I miss my awesome Sports Academy pass where I could take Olivia swimming anytime. I miss not being able to find a baby sitter that I trust like my mom. I miss not being able to get anywhere in the valley in practically 15 minutes or less.

Things I don't miss. I don't miss the inversion. I don't miss my old job. I don't miss the crappy pay at USU. I don't miss my old boss. I don't miss main street traffic.

What I like about Boise. I like that it is a city but still has a small town feeling. They have all the stores and restaurants that big cities have. I like the greenbelt that follows the river throughout the whole city. I like how bike friendly it is. I like our place. I love my job and the people I work with. I don't like that I don't know that many people yet. I am looking forward to floating the river. I like that I found a birthing center an awesome midwives. I didn't have options like that in Logan but I did have a fantastic OB/GYN. I know people like the milder winters here but I actually do miss getting a ton of snow. I thought I would get stared at less here but I actually get stared at more than I did in Logan. I guess there must not be a big population of Asian people here.

1 comments:

Laki Girl said...

Nah, they stare cause let's be real, you're beautiful, that's all. Love that you are lovin' Boise!