CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's day weekend

Bad news is my sister-in-law had her baby early by an emergency C-section but the good news is the baby is healthy and doing really well. The baby was born on Friday, June 13 around the hours of 10 or 11 pm. She was only 3 lbs 15 ounces. Her name is Adee (not sure of the spelling yet but that is how I heard my niece spell it). I got to see her on Saturday in the NICU and she is so teeny but looks really good. Emily was only 34 weeks when she had her but Adee has been able to breath on her own which is amazing.

Overall the weekend was really good. My mother in law had things pretty much under control so she probably didn't need my help as much as Mike made it sound. Now that I think about it, he probably just wanted me to drive down so we could spend some time together.

The weather really heated up this weekend and to say the least I was pretty miserable. On Tuesday it was snowing in the mountains, two days later it is 80+ degrees. No time for my body to acclimate to the weather. Before I got pregnant Mike and I bought a memory foam pad for our bed and it has been really nice. If I sleep on my side or on my belly the foam hugs my body so I don't have to use pillows to prop my stomach or avoid sleeping on my stomach. This weekend I wasn't sleeping in my own bed and my stomach is a lot bigger and I couldn't sleep at all. I was hot and uncomfortable. When I would try to sleep on my stomach, the baby would kick. She probably felt like she was being smashed. And it doesn't help that Mike is a bed hog. Sorry babe, you really are a bed hog.

I also was weeding the garden on Saturday and that made my pubic bone hurt even worse but I am confident with my daily exercises and icing it will go away. Really I don't want to even imagine how it would feel if it got worse.

6 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Im so sorry for your sis-in-law, but I'm glad that the little baby's doing well. I hear you when it comes to the heat! It is ugly now, but I can only shudder in horror when I remember being preggo down here last year!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your little niece is doing well. Her name is so cute! Oooo, speaking of that...any names on your end? I loooove that topic. :)
I hope that you are able to find some relief from the heat and your soreness. One of the best things I kept telling myself while suffering through some of the ickies of pregnancy is that it only can last nine months. :)

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I am so glad that your niece is doing alright!! I hope you are feeling better after a hard weekend!! I hear being pregnant in th summer is hard, so I am hoping that when we decide to take that step we schedule so I am not pregnant in the summer in Texas!!! :) Tell Mike hi from me!!!

Laki Girl said...

Woo hoo 101 days to go, well, give or take...Go mama! Great to hear "great" news. Best of wishes to your family with your new niece!

Annalee Taylor said...

So glad to here Em's baby is ok...you had me worried. Its a good thing you blogged about it cause we would have never known...until Adee was like 3! Thats how things work in this family...not a whole lot of communication!

Julie said...

I am glad everything turned out alright, how far along was she?