CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Nesting. What's that all about?

So I have read quite a few books on pregnancy and they all talked about the nesting instinct and I got my first taste of it this weekend. After buying and receiving all this baby stuff our apartment seems so cramped and my desire to clean/rearrange and prepare for the baby went into overdrive. I am pretty organized and all but this was pretty insane. Mike thinks I am weird because the baby won't be here for another 4 months but I figure that I should do as much stuff as I can before I get too big and too cranky to do anything.

Mike and I had a bunch of ideas on where to move the furniture and what to get rid of but unfortunately we don't always agree. So I measured all our furniture items in the bedroom and the dimensions of our room and pulled out some handy graphing paper and drew some different layouts. After a few drafts and a lot of time I really should have had Mike do this on Autocad instead of my doing it by hand. Oh well.

So we picked a new layout for the bedroom and a new layout for the living room. My goal is to do a few things (i.e. pack unused items, cleaning out our storage shed and putting more stuff in it, finding items to sell for our garage sale) everyday so it won't seem so overwhelming. Basically I am cleaning and reorganizing the apartment but hopefully in manageable segments so I don't drive myself nuts. This week the bedroom, next week the living room then Mike and I have to decide how we are going to rearrange the extra room so our office and the baby's stuff will fit and be functional. I know I sound nuts but I guess it is normal to clean this much before the baby comes.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Jeff kept asking me when I was going to start nesting - but he meant not only deep cleaning but cooking. Yeah right! The only time I think I "nested" was the day before Pearl was born. I had the crazy, overwhelming instinct to finish my embroidery. Weird.

Julie said...

OMG, glad I'm not the only one! I started last week. We have a tiny lil apartment and way too much furniture, so I'm in the process of cleaning out and making room for stuff. Doesn't help that Chris just keeps wanting to order more furniture!! I think it will take all those months to get it functional!

-Julie