CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Garage Sales...

I haven't ever really been to garage sales before but I decided this year that I would go to a few to get some baby items. From the advice of my friends, using second hand items could save me a lot of money in the long run because babies out grow toys, clothes and swings so quickly that the cost of items add up fast. Mike and I went to one a few weeks ago and I didn't realize how serious people can be so this time Mike and I woke up bright and early so we could scope out the best baby items.

Mike and I found some great deals and some really nice stuff. Our strategy was to go to the garage sales where the wealthy people lived and it really paid off. I want to thank Mandy on her recommendation to buy sleepers with elastics at the bottom instead of snaps to save me headaches during the multiple diaper changes in the middle of the night. I got 6 of them for $2. I wanted to thank Michelle on her recommendation on buying a bouncer to occupy the baby. I bought a really nice one that also vibrates for $5. After a wipe down with bleach and washing the cover, it looks brand new. I had originally registered for a really nice glider but Mike and I found a really nice chair with ottoman that I think will be perfect. I would also like to thank Mandy for letting me have her old crib and high chair. My mother-in-law also found a great car seat with base for $12 in Syracuse to put in Mike's car.

2 comments:

Shelly Traveller said...

Great Job! it is so smart to buy used, we bought all our stuff at awesome garge sales in St. Louis. I'm totally having witthdrawls in Cache Valley.

Jenny said...

So true about kids growing out of everything so fast, including diapers! Just when you think you've finally stockpiled enough of them they outgrow them. Buying used stuff is great but just get one or two really, really can't turn down outfits too and put them in it a lot!