CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Missing Olivia...

I feel really grateful that Mike and I have been able to find such a great sitter for Olivia. Amanda takes really good care of Olivia and Olivia loves to play with her daughter Abby. It makes me feel good to know that someone is taking such good care of her. I know she hasn't reached the stage of stranger anxiety and separation anxiety yet but hopefully it won't be too bad.

I pick her up during lunch and get to spend 2 hours with her before I have to go back to work and sometimes it makes me sad that I have to leave her with someone. Today I was thinking that Mike won't be done with school until May 2010 so I won't be a stay at home mom until Olivia is one and a half and I feel sort of guilty that I am missing out or I won't be able to give Olivia all my attention etc...

Mike and I were hoping we could look into me quitting but with the economy slowing down I figured it would be best if I kept working.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hang in there Sandy. It never gets easier but you just do what you have to and what is best for your family at the time. Olivia knows you love her and spending those hours with her at lunch will be a special time for her.

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Good luck! It sounds like that is really hard. I know I would have a hard time, but I am sure you are doing a great thing for her and she will appreciate it later!!