CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

My hair

Last Christmas my hair was super long (probably mid-back) then I decided to cut it super short before I got pregnant. Basically I either like my hair in a short A-line, stacked bob or super long. Right now I am trying to grow it out and I hate the inbetween stage. I just don't have a hair style that I like and my hair usually grows fast but this whole after pregnancy hair is another story.

While I was pregnant my hair got super thick and I always had to get it thinned out because I already have naturally thick hair. After I had Olivia, it got all frizzy and dry looking and it basically was a mess. I got it trimmed and I colored it last week which helped. I have been waiting and waiting for my hair to fall out and for the past month I thought maybe it wouldn't fall out as much as I thought it would. My hair felt thinner but I hadn't noticed any hair anywhere.

Boy oh boy was I wrong. This past week my hair has been falling out in chunks it seems like. When I shower I have strands of hair all over and I have to clean out the drain every couple of days. When I brush or blowdry my hair, there is a pile of hair in the bathroom. Basically I am finding my hair everywhere. I am not worried that I will be bald or anything but I am just amazed at the after affects of pregnancy.

4 comments:

Laki Girl said...

yeah my hair has never been the same, except for unlike you I keep telling my husband i hope he likes bald women, cause i sure feel like I'm headed that way...oh well, easy maintenance, or no maintenance I mean :)

Brenda said...

Isn't the human body the weirdest/most amazing thing? I remember this vividly and it was concerning because it was A LOT of hair! Did your feet end up being a half size to a size bigger post pregnancy?

Sandy said...

Actually my feet have almost gone back to their original size. I think anyways. I haven't really tried to fit my feet into any dainty heels or boots lately because of the snow but all my old shoes fit my feet.

Alabama Apples said...

So I hear you! Nasty strands of hair clogging everything...bleh! And my hair has gone curly-ish...mostly curly, but not all the way. Makes for interesting hair traums. What is so funny is that I've been bemoaning my feet too. My feet have grown with every pregnancy. This last one wasn't so bad, I still fit pre-preggo shoes, but from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 has been a big jump. I want to see a picture of your hair. I bet your are a cutie!