CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweet Tooth and Body Image

I never had a sweet tooth before but while I was pregnant during the last couple of months I loved to eat chocolate and pastries. Unfortunately I still have a sweet tooth and I crave chocolate and pastries all the time. I thought the sweet tooth was going to be temporary but it's not. I guess I have to learn how to exercise more self control.

So I was so close to my prepregnancy weight but I have noticed that those last 5 pounds refuse to budge. If I try to eat less it effects my milk so I have come to accept that I probably will have a tough time to loose those last pounds while I am pumping.

Honestly I was just getting comfortable with my body in my mid-20s. A lot of the time I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I knew my body wouldn't be the same but now I am going through the steps of learning how to dress my new body to minimize my problem areas and accentuate my positive features. It is just awkward to say the least.

Then my hair. So it is starting to fall out in phenomenal amounts. My hair is super thin and I have no idea what to do with it. So I have been wearing it in a pony tail and plan to wear it this way until I figure out what to do.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Welcome to my world!!! We need to get you some nioxin for your hair.

Emily said...

BTW I think your beautiful!

Alabama Apples said...

I'm sure you are beautiful, for you always have been. I hear you on the sweet tooth. I used to only crave salty and spicy items, but since Gunner, well...candy is my best friend (or at least I'm trying to be its best friend). I know taking vitamin B 12 can help enhance hair growth. Just an idea. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am sure your are your own worst critic. I am sure that you are seeing things worse than they really are. You are beautiful!! Whenever I get really down on myself, I just have to tell myself that I created a beautiful life and my body is part of the sacrifice. It doesn't make me totally okay with myself, but is usually helps.
I hear 'ya on the the pasteries! Mmm, my mouth is watering right now thinking about doughnuts....yummmy.

Heidi and Matt said...

I love how you just put it all out there! I think when you nurse, your body just automatically holds onto those few pounds, in case it needs them or something. As soon as you stop the will come right off! I think you are so pretty!

Laki Girl said...

There's another way to do your hair other than a ponytail???? heehee jk, I just don't know any other, except for no my hair is short and I just wear a hat any time I can :)