CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 22, 2011

Beachbody

I really love Beachbody workout videos. I tried Insanity last summer and I did it for about 1 month and I got in awesome shape. I don't know if I lost a ton of weight but in terms of doing aerobic and anaerobic activity, I totally could kick butt. Mike really wanted me to do P90X with him so we started that instead. ;( Mike wasn't a big fan of Shaun T so he wouldn't do Insanity plus it reminded him of football practices in high school. So we did P90X and what usually ends up happening is we plan to do the workouts in the morning and that goes well for about 2 days. Mike isn't a morning person so it is hard for him to wake up let alone wake up to work out right away. So I would work out in the morning and he would work out later that day. The program is awesome and I fully believe that if I stuck with it I could get awesome results. The problem is I think Tony Horton is so annoying. Mike would mute the program when he would work out. My other problem was it was too repetitive. It has variety but after a month it can be brutal.

Then I discovered Chalene Johnson who does ChaLEAN Extreme and TurboFire. I follow her on twitter and like her Facebook page. She is a motivational speaker as well. She also got me interested in the Bodybugg. I really like her. I have also done some ChaLEAN Extreme Workouts and they are awesome so I decided to ordered her TurboFire workout videos last fall before I found out I was pregnant. I love both of the workouts but I think the instructor makes a huge difference.

Now that I am 10 weeks postpartum I decided to workout and try to lose some weight. Well atleast get back to my prepregnancy weight because none of my clothes fit. Even though I may weigh the same my hips are definitely a lot wider than last time. With Olivia, I didn't really worry about exercising until she was 10 months and the only reason I started working out was because I started packing on the pounds after I stopped pumping. This time I am going to get a head start and my goal is to be at my prepregnancy weight by Thanksgiving time. I think it is doable. I am 10lbs away. I really can't diet but I can eat healthy but most of the weight loss will be from exercising.

I started doing TurboFire and I love it. The music is awesome, the workouts are intense and fun. There is a ton of choreography to learn so I still look uncoordinated and I haven't started the real schedule because it is way above my aerobic level. I am doing the modified schedule to help me get in shape to do TurboFire. That is how intense TurboFire is. TurboFire is straight cardio and I am always dripping in sweat after each workout. Some ladies post that they burn 600+ calories after a turbofire workout.

I use to workout at the gym. I loved my gym in Logan. I could easily spend 90 minutes doing cardio and lifting then tack on another 30 to swim or sit in the sauna. Then I had a baby and work got busy. And then we had another baby. While I would love to go to the gym it is easier to work out at home now. I can do it whenever and I don't have to find a sitter. Plus it saves us money.

And I probably seem obsessive with losing weight but really I love to exercise. I love to get the endorphin high after a workout. I hate being limited in my activities because I am too tired, too overweight or not strong enough to do it. Plus it helps my self-esteem even though I never really get super skinny or lose weight. I usually never have the time or will power to follow the eating plan. Plus I turned 30 this year and I know the metabolism slows down significantly. My goal is to be in the best health during my 30s. I am smarter and wiser so hopefully I can make better decisions.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is awesome. That is actually the class i decided to get certified in...it is call Turbo kick though. But same thing pretty much. Chalene is a great motivator.Good luck.

Melissa said...

We did P90X last summer and got in awesome shape, Zac lost 30 lbs in a month or two, it was awesome. This year we tried insanity but Shaun T is SOOOOOO annoying. For some reason Tony doesn't seem as bad although we do mute it now and put on our own music. maybe I should try the new one...sounds pretty awesome!

Julie said...

Good for you Sandy! I fell into the rut too after I had Ryleigh. Work and a kid, it was hard to get back into anything resembling a routine when I was on call. My goal to myself for 2011 was to get healthy again, before I hopefully have another kid next year. I started on Jenny Craig in March and have lost 20 lbs and hit my goal weight. About 2 months ago I started running when I reached my plateau weight. I started barefoot running (in Vibram Five Fingers) and discovered I LOVE running when I'm not fighting the aches and pains from my shoes. My goal is to do the inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland at the end of January. And hopefully with my next pregnancy I won't be nearly as inactive and out of shape. That's my goal anyways. Good luck with the working out. The body bugg helps a lot!! I used it with my weight loss at Jenny.