CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Returning back to work

Going back to work hasn't been nearly as hard as it was with Olivia. I will admit that I was actually a little excited to start work. It has been nice to actually accomplish something without being interrupted. I love love my family and I would be a SAHM in a heartbeat but being at home with both kids and Mike was challenging to say the least. I am a schedule and task oriented person and Mike is a lot more laid back so I can get frustrated very easily.

It's tough being a working mom but I have to keep to my baby steps or I would go crazy. It was one thing to keep a house when Olivia was a baby because she was at the sitter's and Mike was at school all day then we would all come home. I could clean at night and come home to a clean house. Now Mike, Olivia and Hazel are at home all day and I rarely come home to a clean house. I wish my house could be clean but I have come to settle to having the kitchen clean every night. Not necessarily up to my standards but as long as I can get the dishwasher loaded and the counters and stovetop wiped down, I call it good. The family room is another story....

3 comments:

Courtney said...

That is so nice to leave your girls with mike! I always like it when Blake's schedule works out so I can leave Brooke with him. I think it's good for dads to see what being a SAHM is like...it's hard work! Maybe with time your house will get to be the way you want it when you come home.

Jenny said...

It is so true that if the kitchen counters are clean, somehow the whole house feels a bit cleaner. I think I will take your advice and find one house cleaning thing to take care of everyday so I don't get discouraged with the rest of the mess.

And I'm sure Mike was DREADING you going back to work. What a great dad and husband to take care of your girls.

P.S. I haven't ignored your email on purpose! I just have been thinking about what I should say in response. I still think we should do lunch when you are in town next.

Julie said...

That's great that Mike is a stay at home dad! But yes, teaching them all the responsibilities that come with staying at home can be hard. Let's just say my husband did it for 3 months, and I was so excited for the day he started working again. I hated coming home from 8+ hours at work to a sink full of dishes, a messy living room, messy bedrooms, a child that had JUST got out of the shower, and a pile of laundry he decided he didn't want to fold. I'd make a small list of things you'd like him to do while at home. Like Dishes in the dishwasher, laundry in dryer folded, living room picked up. I found lists really helped him do things I needed done.