CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Curly Q



When I was pregnant my hair started getting wavy and I was expecting it to go back. Now that I am 9 weeks post partum, my hair is wavier than it was when I was pregnant and it seems to be getting wavier as more weeks go by. Wavy hair is beautiful but I grew up with stick straight hair and honestly I finally grew into that and found haircuts that worked great and learned how to style it and what product to use in during my late 20s. Now I am back to square one and I am pretty upset about it because I don't have the time or patience to relearn but I guess I don't have a choice. My hope is it is as wavy in the back as it is in the front.

I still love my flat iron but I recently invested in a curling iron and velcro rollers and will see how things go from there. My hair is super thick still but I expect that to change in the next few months. And my S-I-L who is a hair dresser informed me that with each subsequent child my hair will probably get curlier and curlier.

If anyone has any recommendations on hair product or styling tips for wavy hair, I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I don't know if I have any great tips, but my hair has gotten more wavy with each child too. Embrace the wave! I usually get out of the shower, spray in some leave in conditioner and then some wave enhancing spray, scrunch my hair a little and let it air dry. It usually dries with a nice natural soft wave that's not crispy. Good luck!!

Jenny said...

Funny but I've lost all my wave and curl after having two kids! Last night Jeff even said something to me about it, how he missed my long, curly hair (and tan, tight body...ha) when we were dating!