CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Placental Encapsulation

After I had Hazel I got my placenta encapsulated. While I was pregnant, I was preparing myself to get post partum depression and accept the fact that I would probably have to take an antidepressant again. Even though I took one for 4 months with Olivia, I felt super guilty about it. Then I found out about placental encapsulation and I did some research and found someone in Boise that provided the service.

My personal experience has been I haven't had any post partum depression and I didn't experience any baby blues. Every time I did take my pills, I would get a huge surge of energy which is abnormal for me especially during the first few weeks the baby is home. It also help with the lochia going away faster.

I did stop taking them early because I wasn't sure if it was making my pregnancy rash worse. It wasn't. The pregnancy rash consumed the last two weeks of my pregnancy and it came back post partum and it has gone away and come back two more times. And I suspect that it will come back a few more times until I can detox my liver and get my hormones back to a normal level which means even after I am done pumping.

The lady who provided the service was very professional. She was quiet and respectful and I didn't even notice she was there. She was quick and clean and I never worried about ingesting the pills. If and when Mike and I decide to have more kids, I would definitely do it again and would highly recommend it to any mom.

0 comments: