CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Brain power. What brain power?

I had really bad pregnancy brain with Olivia. I read about it but I thought to myself "Really? Is that even possible?" And I learned that it is a serious side effect of pregnancy. Then I had Olivia and I slowly but surely regained all my brain power and going back to work definitely helped me get back to where I was. Then I got pregnant with Hazel but I was more prepared so it didn't seem so bad. I made lists and tried not to rely on my memory alone. Then I had Hazel and was ready to be my old self. I read that BF can be a brain sucker as well but I didn't experience this with Olivia but I am having a brain drain with Hazel. I am a lot dumber than I was when I was pregnant. Somedays I think "Can I get any dumber?" I am scared to find out.

3 comments:

Julie said...

2.5 years later, and I'm still missing some brain cells. I never used to have to stop and thing of a word. I mean I know what word I want in the back of my head, but it just doesn't come. I know what I want when I leave the house, but when I forget 4 or the 5 things I needed. I thought I was supposed to go back to normal, but I never found it. I'm worried I'll become super stupid if I have another kid :)

So good to see you back to blogging Sandy. I've missed you :)

Captivating Sparkle said...

ahhahha.. i shouldn't get pregnant. I might forget my name if I do :)

Rachael said...

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and having a heck of a time with pregnancy brain.

I write for a living, as well as sell some my art and photography. it seems that I am now very impaired with both!

I stare at my screen and feel blank when trying to write very short articles. I mean I get payed $10 - $20 for every 300 words I write, which I could normally do in 20 minutes before. Now, it can take me an hour to write one 300 word article. Very frustrating!

It seems that I don't have a creative bone in my body now either. I've gone out with my camera all of once since I found out that about my pregnancy.

Then there is the feeling of wandering around in a druggy haze. Hate it!

I love that I'm going to have a baby though. :)