CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 14, 2008

The Joys of Pregnancy...

So I basically have a love hate relationship with food. I can't let my stomach get empty or I will throw up but I can never eat a full meal because my digestion has slowed down so much if I eat a regular meal (which is too much food) I throw up and/or experience heartburn.

The upside of things this week is I am not nauseas all the time. The downside is when I have to throw up I get no warning what-so-ever. The other day I threw up on the side of the street on my walk from work to my car. Mortifying. Vomiting and crying are two things I always want to do in the privacy of my own home. I guess I would feel embarrassed if a stranger or acquaintance saw me doing either.

I never realized that pregnancy would take over my life. When I get sick or pull a muscle I can usually take something to alleviate the symptoms or going to sleep helps me forget. Unfortunately every moment I have I am usually affected by the pregnancy. I really can't take much in medication to help the nausea, headaches, body aches and pains. When I sleep at night I can expect to wake up at least twice a night to use the restroom. Sometimes I have to wake up to eat something or throw up. Yesterday I went to the grocery store but when I got there I forgot what I was suppose to buy. So basically I feel dumb all the time. I am more irritated than usual. I can go from a 1 to a 10 on a scale of anger in a few seconds. I swear I can feel my blood boil when it happens which is so uncharacteristic of me. I am usually the type of person who holds things in and bottles it up. Usually I hate to eat because I don't want to throw up but when I am hungry I am hungry NOW. Not 5 minutes from now not 10 minutes from now. I need food in my stomach ASAP.

12 weeks starts tomorrow so hopefully all these morning sickness symptoms will disappear soon and maybe one day far from now I can laugh about all these joys of pregnancy.

0 comments: