CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week 13

Good news is I haven't thrown up in almost a week. I get gaggy sometimes but I am able to keep all my food contained in my stomach. The indigestion has gotten a lot better. Unfortunately the doctor said most women get indigestion during the third trimester and it just gets worse and worse as time goes on.

I still get headaches but they mostly come in the evenings or early in the morning but I can usually sleep them off. I received a foot zone last week and the bad news is my lymph is backed up and my back isn't getting enough blood circulating. I am not surprised considering all I do is sit at the computer all day at work and come home and sit/lay on the couch. Plus I haven't drank nearly enough water in the past two months. The scary thing is my foot zone therapist said if I don't get my lymph under control I am at high risk for toxemia. And from what I have read toxemia can be really dangerous for the mom and baby.

Since I have been feeling better my goal is to start working out again even if it is only taking a walk. And I can drink water now without feeling nauseous. If I can get my 80oz of water and exercise regularly my lymph system should be good.

I did go to the gym yesterday and I did the elliptical for 20 minutes and boy was that a workout. I did a few lunges and squats and other lifts and called that good. I know my butt will just keep getting bigger but I figure I can hopefully control the flab. And if I can't control the flab it feels good to be working out and breaking sweat.

In the past month or so I have felt like my body is just falling apart. My joints feel achy especially my knees. My knees have been throbbing with pain all morning. I am finally icing and heating them. My back is killing me so I starting icing and heating that too. I heard that swimming can help the joint pain so I am planning on going to the therapy pool today. That is all for my update this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for not throwing up! :) I hope that your workouts help you out..at least they sound like they help you feel better. Good for you! I do gotta say that your body, for the most part, returns back to normal after baby is born. There is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Alabama Apples said...

uggh! The first pregnancy is the worst for all the loosening of joints, etc. It gets better...mostly. Cheers to the lessening of nausea!!! Do keep drinking water. Exercise helped me with Gunner's pregnancy, too. I had toxemia w/Jos. It is a yucky thing, so watch that. It gets better, so hang in there. My favorite months are 4-7. Things aren't so bad. I get awful indigestion, but Steph said her dr. gave her something for that. If it gets worse, you might want to ask her about it. She said the difference was amazing. Next baby I'll probably look into it. Just a few more weeks and you'll get your ultrasound!! Are you going to find out what baby is? I LOVE knowing and planning!!!

Adam said...

I am so excited for you, sorry that you have been so sick!!! I can't wait to come home and see you prego!! We need to have a friends dinner or something...you will probably have to choose if you are still sick:-)

Adam said...

its Brooke by-the-way!! Just so you are not confused!! Its under my husbands name