CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Time flies

I have been super busy but decided to post anyway even if my thoughts are random. I usually try to pick a theme for my blog and get pictures together but that isn't going to happen for a while.

As a first time mom I didn't realize how fast babies grow. Olivia barely turned 6 months last week and I am amazed at how much she has grow and how much she can do. She has been able to turn over for 2 months and she has mastered sitting up on her own without her arms about 2 weeks ago. She hasn't quite figured out how to crawl but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened sometime in May.

Only 6 months ago she was a tiny tiny new born that I cradled in my arms and made her cute newborn sounds. Now I have to wrestle with her to hold her because she is so excited to look at, find and feel everything. Instead of newborn sounds she growls, screams and babbles.

After this semester Mike will only have 1 year left and I am super excited. Mike has been on the 6 year plan ;) and even though 1 more year to Mike seems like an eternity overall it is such a small amount of time. I don't know where we will end up but I am excited for the opportunity to stay at home with Olivia and start looking for a house.

4 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Happy to hear that me and my husband aren't the only ones on the forever school plan. Can't wait til college is a thing of the past

Jenny said...

Sometimes I wish we were still in the poor college mode myself, so enjoy! And yes, it's crazy how fast babies grow up but it just gets more and more fun.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

i think what jenny said is so true, enjoy the school years...they seem like they will never end...but once they do, scary time happens...you have to really decided where and what and all of those questions that are sooooooooo nerve raking. but these days are great too, so the main thing is just what you said...enjoy each day as they happen...cuz it goes WAY to fast!

Alabama Apples said...

What an exciting aspect of life to look forward too. Hooray for only a year!!!

It is crazy how fast time flies. I remember Josiah in all of his little skinny red-fuzziness and here he is finishing up his kindergarten year. Wow, how time flies! Enjoy it, 'cause it passes so fast!( great advice if I can take it myself! ;) )