CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Homemade Pizza

A couple of years ago we had a pizza party at work and I thought the dough was amazing so I asked my coworker for her recipe. It was white flour but I love to convert recipes for whole wheat. I finally tried the recipe and made the dough 2 weeks ago and froze it just to see how it would handle and it turned out fantastic. Saturday morning I thawed the bread and Mike rolled it out that afternoon and we made some awesome homemade pizza. I even made homemade pizza sauce and put cornmeal on the bottom of the pizza. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture but maybe next time since I have half of the dough in the freezer.

I tried my wheat bread recipe again and it turned out so much better. I had to use warmer water and after kneading the dough I shaped it and let it raise in the pan for 50 minutes then baked. After doing more research and tips I think I finally have a great bread recipe.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

So when are you going to share the dough recipe? I admit my homemade pizza dough is the Jiffy mix.