CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finally

So I haven't posted for awhile. I have been stressed out at my job and have had a sourpuss attitude lately. Not much has changed but I have accomplished a few things that I wanted to share.

I tried something new for breakfast as a special treat for Mike and Olivia. I made vanilla crepes and they turned out fantastic. I was able to use whole wheat and I even used my powdered eggs. My next step will be to do it with powdered milk next time. We made a cream cheese filling with frozen berries topped with real whip cream. It was delicious.

I have wanted to try a tortilla recipe but I have had so many things going on lately. Today Mike wanted to eat fajitas and I had everything except tortillas and I didn't want to run to the store plus we already spend all our grocery money for the month. So I tried a recipe from everyday food storage and it turned out really good. I am super impressed. I usually don't fly by the seat of my pants like this and to some it might not seem like a big deal but I normally research recipes, read reviews and watch videos if they are available. The recipe I want to try is from this blog - Keeper of the Home. She is into soaking her grains so next time when I am prepared I will try her recipe instead.

0 comments: