CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

I am thankful for visiting teaching

So I haven't been the greatest visiting teacher. I converted to the LDS church 5 years ago so the visiting teaching thing was new to me and for someone that is shy it can be so overwhelming. I have been partnered with a very assertive and knowledgeable sister and she did most of the talking and scheduling. I have been partnered with a sister that I didn't know and a sister that I was slightly acquainted with.

Recently I was partnered with Amanda who was Olivia's babysitter for the past year and that was a huge relief because I didn't have the stranger anxiety with my partner. But sharing a message was something I have never done before but I tackled that in December and it wasn't so bad. We even went in January and Amanda has made appointments for us to go in February. Wow 3 months in a row. That is a record for me.

Last month Amanda shared the message and I thought she did a fantastic job. It was really touching and thoughtful and I am thankful that I was able to hear her message. It is nice because Amanda and I have a lot of similarities like we have been married for a few years and have a baby and our husbands are in school. It is nice having someone to relate too.

You can find the Ensign online here: http://www.lds.org/gospellibrary/pdfmagazine/0,7779,592-6-1,00.html#

The visiting teaching message was on being self-reliant but the article that Amanda also shared was Solving Emotional Problems in the Lord's way. The part that really hit home was "We live in a day when the adversary stresses on every hand the philosophy of instant gratification. We seem to demand instant everything, including instant solutions ot our problems... It was meant to be that life would be a challenge. To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, even some failure is normal."

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww...Thank you Sandy! I am glad we get to partners. It certainly makes it easier to go!