CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 18, 2008

30 weeks

I finally made it to 30 weeks and I have to admit I am a little disappointed that I still have 10 more to go. I haven't slept well in almost a week and it totally sucks because I am exhausted. If I don't have trouble falling asleep, I have trouble staying asleep or going back to sleep after a bathroom break. I have a bunch of other things to complain about but I won't because the list could go on forever.

Mike and I met with my doula yesterday and it was really great. We talked about how natural I wanted the birth to be and what to expect and what to talk to my doctor about. After meeting with her I really think I will be able to do this without any medication. Then we talked about my nutrition and for the most part I have been eating pretty decent but I know I have room to improve and that is my goal for the last couple of weeks. Cut back on processed starches, eat more whole grains and try to fit in more veggies and try to do yoga more consistently. It sounds like a hefty goal but I know in the end I will feel better and have more energy. I'll have to admit that lately I have been craving ice cream and cake but I'll have to save that for our 3 year anniversary next month.

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

I had Trey natural so I totally beleive you can do it!! Aimee wants to know how much you charge for a foot bath?

Laki Girl said...

Woo hoo for going natural! Obviously I'm completely biased however I do believe it's the way to go for sure. So you can be up and running 15 minutes after you are all cleaned up :) 10 weeks to go and counting :)

Julie said...

I think the healthy eating and exercise make a huge difference too. Then it is easy to bounce back!

Jenny said...

I know healthy eating is important and all but man, I remember how much I wanted ice cream my last trimester. I finally gave in and boy it was well worth it! Glad to hear you met with a dula, I've had friends who had one and they loved it.

Anonymous said...

Yay for 30 weeks!! I loved it when I reached 30 weeks...I could totally see the light at the end of the tunnel!
I wanted to mention one quick thing as far as labor goes-- be prepared for the unexpected. Having had three babies, not one of their births were the same and really the exception is the rule when delivering. So, the best thing to do when going into the labor process is to be flexible. :)

Alabama Apples said...

30 weeks-baby you're on the tail end!!! I really liked hitting 30 weeks 'cause it meant the end was in sight and baby would be more likely okay (with help) if born now. Natural is great-it works for me, but I will say there is nothing wrong with meds. Things happen and it doesn't make you less of a fab baby-delivery-machine if you don't go natural. Just understand unexpected things are common (not to scare you, more to help relax you if things aren't exactly as you want or expect). I'm excited for you; it sounds like you'll have a great doula. Just relax and enjoy these last few weeks! Love ya!

Alabama Apples said...

Ha! Great minds think alike, Steph! I just read her post...

Charee B Mcclellan said...

YAY FOR 30 WEEKS- YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT! SOMEDAYS IT SEEMS SO FAR AWAY BUT IT IS COMING AND IT IS AMAZING....GOOD LUCK TO YA!