CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nasal congestion and pimples

The past week or so I haven't been able to breathe very well. I bought a Netti pot a couple of weeks ago but I haven't been using it consistently. For those of you who are wondering what a Netti pot is it looks like a small tea pot and you fill it with warm salt water and stick the spout in one nose and pour the water through and it clears your nasal cavities. It really works great if you aren't plugged up yet. For the past two days I have been trying to clear my sinuses so I could breath at night but unfortunately I am so congested I can't get any water to pass through my nasal cavities. To say the least my sleep quality at night has declined to this unfortunate event.

I am assuming that I am having a surge of hormones this week because I just broke out in pimples again. It has been happening every couple of months since I have been pregnant. I know that a few pimples here and there won't kill me but being hot and uncomfortable and even though all the weight I have gained is from pregnancy those few pimples really brings my self-esteem down a few notches.

A lot of the books I have read said a lot of these things will go away as soon as I have the baby but it sounds like some things will take quite a while for my body to recover from. I am not looking forward to the roller coaster hormone ride postpartum but I can't wait until I can go running again.

1 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Sorry about the stretch marks...they are the ugly badge of pregnancy. Despite how you feel, I am sure you are a beautiful pregnant girl! I try to tell myself to relax about how I look, 'cause it is CAUSED by the little thing growing inside of me...if that doesn't make me feel better, I reach for a Krispy Kreme ;)