CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stretch Marks

I made it almost 7 months without a stretch mark and I was so hopeful that I could actually make it through the pregnancy without anything. Obviously that was before I realize how much my belly was growing and how much more it will grow in the last 10 weeks.

I noticed the first few marks on the side where my hip bones are and last week I discovered that I had them on the underside of my belly in the mirror. The ones on my belly look wicked but I won't be able to assess the damage until after the baby comes.

Really I am not too surprised. I got a lot of stretch marks when I hit puberty in my teenage years.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Sorry about the stretch marks... They will fade with time and I've heard mederma is really good for them. Good luck! You guys are gonna have one cute baby.

Jenny said...

Sounds like me. I thought I had made it clear without any stretch marks but then got some the last two months of my pregnancy. Maybe I am just ignoring them but I really don't see them now. Hopefully they won't be too bad after the baby comes. Interestingly, they are genetic and despite all of our hopes and dreams, there really isn't anything you can do to get rid of them. Just hope the genes doesn't make them too big or dark!

Julie said...

They fade quickly! I always hear it is our medals of honor!