CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Analogy of motherhood

I just had to post today with my analogy of motherhood. When I was in college I joined a sorority my freshman year and I had to pledge for an undisclosed amount of time with 7 other strangers. We had a bunch of rules to follow and activities to do. It was hard and time consuming and I didn't get very much sleep.

I decided having a newborn is like pledging but instead of joining a sorority you are joining the ranks of being a mom. Everyone has a different experience but we all learn a great deal from it. I can't quit because I have a baby relying on me. And even though it is hard right now hopefully I can look back and appreciate this experience. And if it is anything similar to the sorority, this pledging period is only preparing me for the future which is actually more stressful.

7 comments:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I love your blog Sandy, i am learning so much from your experience, and hopeing that someday I can use all of what you went through. It is eye opening to have someone write it down as they go. Refreshing.

Donavan Family said...

I can say on both levels "I have been there" and it sounds like you are coming full circle. These little ones are the greatest of teachers. I really don't like giving advice, but my hope would be that you keep on experiencing. These moments will be gone very soon. The first year to me was like a flash. You are an awesome mom and sister. I am glad I have you.

Married Mannings said...

I love that analogy. Pledging was definitely an experience to remember. I can't wait for motherhood :)

Alabama Apples said...

It does take a lot of time and commitment...the rest of eternity, actually :)

Julie said...

Hmm interesting analogy, but isn't pledging the analogy of life. You can get through anything and in the end you'll be a much stronger person for it. I look forward to starting that journey. ONE Love!

Anonymous said...

You are right "mommyhood" IS hard, but it is also so rewarding. I have never had the opportunity to serve like I do for my children. You truly love those you serve and I would have to say that being a mother is the most selfless thing a woman can do. You are doing it, Sandy!! It will get easier in some ways as your little one gets older. You are learning so much every day. Look back on how much you have learned in these few weeks and you should be so proud of yourself!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

sandy i just started a SV blog. go to skyview1999.blogspot.com and sign in on the bottom. this will be a way to keep posted with fellow 99ers.